As of September 1, 2016, Child Development / Psych 39 students are required have immunizations before doing observation hours as a result of Senate Bill 792.
- TB Risk Assessment
- Proof of current TB test (or chest x-ray if you have converted in the past)
- Flu shot for the current school year (required to receive between 8/1-12/1)
Other Child Development Lab students may be required to have additional immunizations including Tdap and measles. Please see your class syllabus for further information.
You will need to take copies of all your immunizations to the Health Services Office to determine that you meet the current requirements. The Health Services staff can also work with you on ways to obtain copies of immunizations if you don’t have them, or titers can be ordered in some cases. You are responsible for the cost.
If you are under 18 - please fill out and bring with you the minor consent form
TB tests and Flu shots are free.
- Check with your program’s health documentation check list to bring to first visit at Health Services
- Immunization and TB clearance records
- Health Services Nurse will review the documentation and determine immunizations and titers needed and TB clearance requirements.
- Flu shots available late September, early October.
Health Requirements for Registration:
- Mandatory Tuberculosis Clearance (one of the following):
- Negative IGRA (QuantiFERON-TB Gold) within 6 months
- Negative Chest X-Ray clearance in English within 6 months
- Tuberculosis Screening Questionnaire at FCC Health Services before admission
(If Tuberculosis risk is determined by screening, a QuantiFERON-TB Gold will be required at student cost of approximately $52 – Subject to change) (ACHA Recommendations for TB Risk Assessment and Clearance)
- Immunization Record
- No Immunization record is generally required for admission to SCCCD colleges. However, some majors and classes require specific immunizations and the standard for U.S. higher education is proof of adult immunizations. Therefore, we recommend bringing your immunization record in English with your and copies of pertinent health records. (ACHA Recommendations for student immunizations)
TB Tests and Clearance Certification
TB Risk Assessment Clearance Certification and/or Tuberculosis (TB) Skin Tests to fulfill district work requirements are provided at no cost to SCCCD employees and are paid for by the district. Student health fees are not used to pay for this service.
Work - Related Injuries
*For employee and student worker injuries, call "Company Nurse" 1.888.770.0929
Staff and faculty can obtain initial first aid for work-related injuries at the Health Office, however, employee work-related injuries (including student workers who were injured while working) are cared for under the district's workers compensation plan. Injured employees or their supervisors must contact the 24 hour "Company Nurse" Hotline at 1.888.770.0929 in order to document the injury and obtain appropriate instruction and referral for medical care as needed.
Student and Public Accident Report
State Center Community College District’s Student and Public Accident Reports are documentations of health related incidences that occurred to students on the Fresno City College campus. The reporting individual should inform the Division Dean/Supervisor of the incident and obtain their signature on the form. Appropriate filing and submission of these documents are to be completed within 24-hours to Fresno City College’s Health Services.