About Ourselves, a collection of student essays selected and published each year by the faculty of the Fresno City College Developmental / Preparatory English Department. The essays were written by students at Fresno City College in response to assignments in Developmental English courses.
The About Ourselves editorial staff publishes the works with minimal editing only. Though mechanical errors are still present, we hope that these essays will be used as learning tools for the writers and their readers.
The next issue of About Ourselves will be published during the spring 2019 semester. If you want to submit an essay for consideration for the next issue of About Ourselves, please email your essay to About Ourselves.
Monday - Friday
7:30 am - 5:00 pm
A few rules and requests
- Only essays from the following Fresno city college classes are eligible for submission:
- Preparatory English classes: English 252, 125, and 282
- EMLS classes: EMLS 265W and 167W
- Please include the following information in your email:
- Your full name
- Phone number
- Email address
- Instructor's name
- Course for which the essay was written
- Title of the essay
- Brief description of the assignment's instructions or prompt
- Essays should be well edited and proofread. It should represent your best work.
- Essays must be saved in Word, typed and double-spaced.
- Essays must be received on or before March 22, 2019.