We now have available several self-paced canvas courses on accessibility.
- Microsoft Word Accessibility (required for Website Access)
- PDF Accessibility (required for uploading documents to the Website)
- PowerPoint Accessibility
- Accessibility in Canvas
If you are interested in taking one of these courses, you can reach out to your Web Content Engineer or one of the instructional designers.
In Person Training
Making our content more accessible is not only a requirement under Section 508, but it is better for all our students and staff. It is the responsibility of each member of the organization to help make our information more accessible for everyone. Let’s make the State Center Community College District an example of good practice.
Accessibility training will be provided to all District staff and you should attend if you:
- Create documents that will be shared or distributed electronically
- Need access to make changes to any district website
- Want to learn a few tricks and tips that make document modification easier
- Create documents that need to be posted on the web or shared with students
Future Training Dates
California Community College Technology Center Presents:
PDF Form Accessibility Workshop
Training on: Friday, February 28, 2020
Location: Reedley College, BUS-49
Description: This training is specifically for faculty and staff and will focus on accessibility in Adobe Acrobat and PDF Forms. Come learn how to create an accessible PDF form in Microsoft Word and Adobe Acrobat. There is one training session offered.
Prerequisites - Users who register for this course must first complete one of following:
- Prior Word & PDF accessibility course hosted by one of the SCCCD colleges.
- The Canvas PDF micro-course hosted by one of the SCCCD colleges. (See above)
- Take this online self-paced PDF training through the CCC Online Network of Educators
Please register if you plan on attending and have completed one of the prequisites.
Register for PDF Form Accessibility Workshop - 1:15pm - 4:30pm
Director, Accessibility Center
California Community Colleges Technology Center