Timeline and Guidelines for Submission of Packets to SCCCD Human Resources
Committee Members (Members hold post for two years. Term begins in May to shadow their counterparts within their division and ends in the month of August after Faculty Salary submissions have been approved for that year).
Representatives per Pathway
Full-Time Faculty: Please review the Agreement Between State Center Community College District and Full-Time Faculty Bargaining Unit State Center Federation of Teachers Local 1533, CFT/AFT, AFL-CIO for further information about Faculty Class Advancement page 45.
Part-Time Faculty: Please review the Agreement Between State Center Community College District and Part-Time Faculty Bargaining Unit State Center Federation of Teachers Local 1533, CFT/AFT, AFL-CIO for further information about Faculty Class Advancement page 45.
SCCCD Human Resources Faculty Salary Schedule: A -- (Yearly Amounts Based on 177 Duty Days)
SCCCD Human Resources Part-time Faculty Salary Schedule: C -- (Hourly Amounts)
Approval of Units Other Than Upper Division Units Within Teaching Areas
- Petition for units other than upper division units within your teaching area(s): course approvals are sent out to PIO by the office of the Dean of Student Services, Counseling who then sends it to all full-time faculty on the 8th Wednesday after the semester begins in both Fall and Spring.
- Petitions for course approvals are due the Friday of the 9th week of the Fall and Spring semesters to the Committee Chair (no less than 30 days following the announcement). The Committee Chair calls a meeting to review petitions within a week after the deadline of the submission.
- All signatures on the approved petition for units will be done electronically. The Committee Chair sends an email to faculty informing them of the approval or denial of their course petition within two weeks of the deadline.
- CORA and Distance Education courses: 15 hours of training are equivalent to 1 unit for salary advancement regardless of what the certificate states as the number of units granted.
- Three (3) units maximum of lower division can be used at every step of salary advancement.
a. CORA and DE are given 1 unit each for every 15 hours of training (grandfathered in).
Application for Faculty Salary Class Advancement
- The Letter of Intent Application for Faculty Salary Class Advancement is sent out by the office of the Dean of Student Services, Counseling to PIO who then sends a mail-all announcement to all faculty on or before April 1st (allowing a minimum of 30 days notice).
- For a copy of the application, please send your request to Evie Contreras (email@example.com)
- Letter of Intent Application for Faculty Salary Class Advancement is due to the office of the Dean of Student Services, Counseling by May 31st.
- Letter of Intent includes certificates, justifications, and course approvals. Official transcript is sent directly to the office of the Dean of Student Services, Counseling - Attention: Nicole Page.
- All official transcripts and certificates are due to the office of the Dean of Student Services, Counseling no later than July 31st to the attention of Nicole Page (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The office of the Dean of Student Services, Counseling sends a copy of official transcripts to Committee Chair to add to submitted packet.
- The Committee Chair calls a meeting the first week of August to review Salary Advancement application packets.
- The review process includes verifying unit numbers and course approvals matching Letter of Intent.
- All signatures are done electronically by committee members for all approved and denied submissions.
- The office of the Dean of Student Services, Counseling is notified of approved applications immediately so that MAGICs can be prepared and routed for signatures.
- For each application approved by committee: all MAGICs, committee approval signature sheets, Letters of Intent, transcripts, and certificates are forwarded to the Office of the President by Wednesday of the 1st week of the beginning of the Fall semester.
- An email is sent out to petitioners informing them of the status of their application packet by the Committee Chair.
- A copy of all transcripts, certificates, course approvals, and Letters of Intent are sent to HR by the Office of the President.
- HR reviews the submitted packets.
- HR and Committee Chair meet to review any outstanding matters in the submissions.
- HR informs Committee Chair of final denials and approvals.
- Committee Chair informs Faculty of outcome.
Any discrepancies or argumentation related to denials can be addressed by HR.
For more information, please contact the Committee Chair (email@example.com).