Faculty Salary Advancement
Timeline and Guidelines for Submission of Packets to SCCCD Human Resources
Committee Members (Members hold post for two years. Term begins in May to shadow their counterparts within their division and ends in the month of August after Faculty Salary submissions have been approved for that year).
Representatives per Division:
- Administrator - Kurt Piland, Dean of Student Services, Counseling
- Administrator - Dr. Cyndie Luna , Dean of FPCA
- APA Division - Nikki Visveshwara
- AT Division - Maria Hernandez
- Business Education Division - Monique Kelley (Committee Chair)
- FPCA Division - Vacant
- Humanities Division - Vacant
- Library Division - Eric Sanders
- MSE Division - Vacant
- Social Sciences Division - Vacant
- Student Services Division - Arvi Gill
Please go to our workshop website for additional resources, agreements and forms.
Approval of Units Other Than Upper Division Units Within Teaching Areas
- Petition for units other than upper division units within your teaching area(s): course approvals are sent out to PIO by the office of the Dean of Student Services, Counseling who then sends it to all full-time faculty on the 8th Wednesday after the semester begins in both Fall and Spring.
- Petitions for course approvals are due the Friday of the 9th week of the Fall and Spring semesters to the Committee Chair (no less than 30 days following the announcement). The Committee Chair calls a meeting to review petitions within a week after the deadline of the submission.
- All signatures on the approved petition for units will be done electronically. The Committee Chair sends an email to faculty informing them of the approval or denial of their course petition within two weeks of the deadline.
- CORA and Distance Education courses: 15 hours of training are equivalent to 1 unit for salary advancement regardless of what the certificate states as the number of units granted.
- Three (3) units maximum of lower division can be used at every step of salary advancement.
- Over one-half (1/2) of total units must be in member's teaching field.
- Three (3) units maximum of training can be used at every step of salary advancement.
Application for Faculty Salary Class Advancement
- The Letter of Intent Application for Faculty Salary Class Advancement is sent out by the office of the Dean of Student Services, Counseling to PIO who then sends a mail-all announcement to all faculty on or before April 1st (allowing a minimum of 30 days notice).
- For a copy of the application, please send your request to the Committee Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Letter of Intent Application for Faculty Salary Class Advancement is due to the office of the Dean of Student Services, Counseling by May 31st.
- Letter of Intent includes certificates, justifications, and course approvals. Official transcript is sent directly to the office of the Dean of Student Services, Counseling - Attention: Samantha Chang.
- All official transcripts and certificates are due to the office of the Dean of Student Services, Counseling no later than July 31st to the attention of Samantha Chang (email@example.com).
- The office of the Dean of Student Services, Counseling sends a copy of official transcripts to Committee Chair to add to submitted packet.
- The Committee Chair calls a meeting the first week of August to review Salary Advancement application packets.
- The review process includes verifying unit numbers and course approvals matching Letter of Intent.
- All signatures are done electronically by committee members for all approved and denied submissions.
- The office of the Dean of Student Services, Counseling is notified of approved applications immediately so that MAGICs can be prepared and routed for signatures.
- For each application approved by committee: all MAGICs, committee approval signature sheets, Letters of Intent, transcripts, and certificates are forwarded to the Office of the President by Wednesday of the 1st week of the beginning of the Fall semester.
- An email is sent out to petitioners informing them of the status of their application packet by the Committee Chair.
- A copy of all transcripts, certificates, course approvals, and Letters of Intent are sent to HR by the Office of the President.
- HR reviews the submitted packets.
- HR and Committee Chair meet to review any outstanding matters in the submissions.
- HR informs Committee Chair of final denials and approvals.
- Committee Chair informs Faculty of outcome.
Any discrepancies or argumentation related to denials can be addressed by HR.
For more information, please contact the Committee Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org).