What duties are performed by the Student Ambassadors?
Student Ambassadors are pivotal members of the Fresno City College outreach team as they are often a prospective student’s initial contact with the college. Ambassadors are also involved with on-campus events and volunteer efforts in the community. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Giving personalized campus tours to college visitors while making visitors feel welcome, comfortable, and confident about their FCC experience.
- Representing FCC at recruitment and campus events.
- Promoting and increasing involvement in student events and opportunities.
- Informing prospective students and parents interested in Fresno City College about all facets of Fresno City College, which includes academic programs, faculty and students, physical facilities, social opportunities, and student services.
- Assisting prospective students with applications and orientation.
- Conducting presentations about Fresno City College and personal experience at high schools.
- Staffing the College Relations Office, Web Room, and first and second floor Student Services Lobbies, as needed.
- Attend bi-weekly training sessions and other duties as assigned.
Now Hiring for Spring 2019!
Get paid for doing what you love! Apply for a paid position today!
Student Ambassador Application. Contact the College Relations Office for more information.
- Have an enthusiastic and positive attitude
- Be self-motivated and responsible
- Ability to work as a team member
- Have a passion for helping student be successful
- A willingness to develop or improve oral communication skills
- Must be in good academic standing with a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Be able to work a minimum of 10 and a maximum of 19 hours per week as assigned during the semester.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the matriculation process (application, orientation, advising, etc.)
- Attend all required training sessions and bi-weekly meetings (January 3-6, 2017)