Federal Work Study
The Fresno City College (FCC) Federal Work-Study (FWS) Program provides funds that are earned through part-time employment to assist students in financing the costs of their educational endeavors. Students can begin receiving FWS funds after they have been accepted in the FWS program. Eligibility for FWS is dependent on the students financial need, which is determine by the U.S. Department of Education, the total amount of the student's current aid package before FWS is awarded, and the availability of FWS funds at FCC; FWS is awarded on a first come first serve basis and funds are limited.
There are several benefits associated with the FWS Program:
- Valuable professional development opportunities at convenient on-campus locations
- Enhance interpersonal communication and time management skills while developing work related skills
- Flexible work scheduling around your class times
- Opportunity to find employment that corresponds with your educational interests
- FWS earnings are not counted against your financial need for the next year's FAFSA
How to Apply
Every year beginning October 1st, the FAFSA application starts for the upcoming school year. To be considered for FWS based on a first-come, first-served basis, you must do the following:
- Submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) no later than March 2nd
- Completed financial aid file with the Fresno City College (FCC) Financial Aid Office (FAO)
- Be enrolled in at least 6 units
- Meet the Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Policy standards
Students may hold only one position at any time within the district per SCCCD policy.
Federal Work Study Documents