Please Note: For Spring 2019, the last day to turn in your Direct Loan Questionnaire is April 26, 2019.
**EC results must be transmitted to Fresno City College and your MPN received and processed by the Direct Loans Servicing Center by the deadline indicated above in order to receive payment on the corresponding date. To ensure that your results are received and processed in time, you should complete the required steps prior to 5:00 PM PST on the deadline date.
For additional loan counseling, please follow these steps:**
Complete Financial Awareness Counseling at studentloans.gov. Once you have successfully completed the counseling, click on Export Budget / Repayment to print out your budget. Submit this form as well as all other requested documents to the Financial Aid Office for review. Attach a typed, double-spaced page answering the following questions:
- What is your current anticipated monthly loan payment? To determine your anticipated monthly loan amount use Loan Calculator.
- What are your educational financial plans to ensure successful repayment of your student loan debt?
- For what purposes do you intend to use the federal student loan funds?
- If over the loan maximum, what are the circumstances that have resulted in the accumulation of your student loan debt?
- If requesting additional unsubsidized loan, what are your financial plans to continue your education in the future semesters without exceeding the loan maximum?
- Requested loan amount
Managing your Federal Student Loans
Managing your federal student loan debt is a major responsibility, but there are many resources out there to help you along the way. Whether you are still in school at least half-time or have already left school, it is important to stay on top of your student loan debt obligations. Do you know who your lender is? What is your interest rate? What if you can't make your loan payment? Below you will find various resources to help answer these questions and more.
The National Student Loan Data System Using your FSA ID you can access your entire loan history
including balances, interest rates, and lender contact information.
Federal Student Aid Loans Access general loan information as well as copies of your MPN and loan correspondence.
US Department of Education
ATT: Applicant Services
P.O. Box 9002
Niagara Falls, NY 14302
Contact the Department of Education directly for questions regarding your rights and
responsibilities or the terms and conditions of your loan.
Having trouble making your loan payment? Don't ignore your loan payment in the hopes that it will go away. It is a federal debt that must be repaid! If you are unable to make your loan payments, there are options out there for you to reduce or postpone your payments temporarily until you are back on your feet. Federal Student Aid website.