- Start by applying to Fresno City College
- Process your Education Benefits
First: Become a student
- Apply to Fresno City College
- Apply online, two days later you will be emailed a student I.D. number.
- Complete the Online Orientation
- Please be sure to also complete the online orientation and to create your WebAdvisor, Canvas, and Student Email accounts. A student ID Number is required to open the Student Orientation.
- Applying for Financial Aid (optional):
- Apply on-line at fafsa.ed.gov. It is recommended that you apply for the Board of Governors Grant fee waiver which will cover tuition, but is optional.
- English & Math Placement Test
- Not required if Math and English classes have been completed at any prior college or AP courses in high school.
- Scores are required before visiting with the Veteran counselor. These free tests are administered at the FCC Assessment Center.
- Prior College Transcript Credit Evaluation
- Transcripts from all prior colleges must be requested by student and received at FCC before you may be seen by a counselor.
- Unofficial transcripts can be used to move on to step three until the official transcripts arrive.
Second: Process your education benefits
Choose a chapter and follow our checklists.
Please contact our office, the Veterans Resource Center, to get started right away and receive benefits advice.
Chapter 30: Montgomery GI Bill
Chapter 33: Post 9/11 GI Bill
Chapter 31: Vocational Rehabilitation
Chapter 35: Veterans Dependents
Chapter: 1606 Selected Reserves
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official US government website.