Dual Enrollment

Students wishing to take courses through Fresno City College outside of their high school or over the summer should apply for the
High School Enrichment Program.
Review the requirements and steps on the High School Enrichment page to submit your application and HSE packet.

 Not sure which concurrent enrollment program is right for you? Learn the differences between 
Dual Enrollment vs High School Enrichment.

Advancing Educational Achievement with Dual Enrollment Pathways

Bringing K-12, Industry, and Higher Education Together for Student Success. The Dual Enrollment Program at Fresno City College allows qualified high school students to earn college and high school credits at the same time while still attending High School.

Apply Online


Monday - Friday
8:00am - 4:00pm


Phone: 559.442.8272

Email: Victoria Martinez
Location: T-100 Building

Frequently Asked Questions

The term dual enrollment refers to students being enrolled—concurrently—in two different educational institutions. This means that a student enrolled in high school may be dual enrolled at a local institution of higher learning, in this case Fresno City College. If students pass their college classes, they receive credit that may be applied toward their high school diploma and toward a college degree or certificate.

No. Currently most classes designated as dual enrollment are offered on your student’s high school campus and if your student needs to travel, you will be notified and a signature will be required for transportation purposes.  Most courses will take place during the student’s regular school day/hours.

Courses vary at every high school. Some of the high schools are offering dual enrollment “CTE” pathways for vocational training such as: Auto, Construction & Welding while others are offering “Transfer Pathways” these are general education dual enrollment classes to prepare students for Universities. Please check with your high school counselor as to what dual enrollment courses are offered at your school.

Dual enrollment courses are different in that they are taught to the rigor of a college course. Students will be using the same college textbooks and syllabi as they would if they were taking a class at Fresno City College. As such, please be aware that discussion topics and course materials are generally designed for adult students and may not be appropriate for younger students. Assignments will be graded using college rubrics and standards. The final grade the student receives in their dual enrollment class will be recorded on an official Fresno City College transcript.

There are many advantages to participating in dual enrollment.

  • In some cases, the student may be able to attain an Associate’s degree at the same time or shortly after their high school graduation.
  • Dual enrollment is a cost‐efficient way for students to accumulate college credits because courses are free and taken through the local high school.
  • Participation in dual enrollment may ease the transition from high school to college by giving students a sense of what college academics are like.

Dual enrollment is a great option for many high school students. However, there are some things to be aware of when taking a dual enrollment course.

  • If a student fails one of these classes it will negatively affect them on their high school transcripts and college transcripts.
  • Too many failed dual enrollment classes and too many “W” withdrawals will jeopardize future college enrollment and possibly financial aid.
  • If a student needs additional support in High School and is failing English, Math and overall has low grades, then college class may not be the best choice.
  • Financial aid has a 90 unit limit and thus dual enrollment courses must be carefully selected with the advice of a high school and college counselor.

There are 2 steps to registering for a dual enrollment class.

  1. Online Application: Your student will need to fill out a “Dual Enrollment” online college application at www.fresnocitycollege.edu . This will allow Fresno City College to assign them a college ID which is mandatory for enrollment.
  2. A Dual Enrollment Paper Registration Packet-Registration each semester is mandatory if they want to take a dual enrollment course. These paper registration packets will be provided by their high school counselor and require a signature of the High School Principal, High School Counselor, Student, and the student’s Parent/Guardian. Registration forms missing one or more signature will be returned and the student will not be enrolled in the desired dual enrollment class.

Remember: Participating in a dual enrollment class is an important decision and should involve a conversation between the student, the parent/guardian, and that student’s High School counselor.

Coordination with Local High Schools

Architecture Student
Architecture Student
Automotive Student
Automotive Student
Photo student
Photo student


Architecture, Automotive, Web Design are a few of the topics available.

Dual Enrollment Brochure

Dual Enrollment Handbook

Apply Online

High School Students

There are 2 steps to registering for a dual enrollment class:

  1. Application: You need to fill out an online college application. This will allow Fresno City College to assign you a college ID which is mandatory for enrollment. Also you must complete a Dual Enrollment paper application each college semester you want to take a dual enrollment course. These paper application packets will be provided by your high school counselor.
  2. Registration: Class registration forms will be given to you by your high school counselor and require a signature of the high school principal, high school counselor, yourself, and your parent or guardian. Registration forms missing one or more signatures will be returned and you will not be enrolled in the desired dual enrollment class.

We hope this clarifies the differences between a regular education class and the dual enrollment course. It is important to follow the steps to enroll in each dual enrollment class. For additional questions, contact your high school counselor.

Sample Registration Form