High School Enrichment Program


Monday - Friday
8:00am - 5:00pm


Emailhse.enroll@fresnocitycollege.edu  *For general inquiries only. Do Not submit HSE applications via email.

Location: CTC Campus (2930 E Annadale Ave, Fresno)
Fresno City College Campus Map

Application Deadlines

Term CCCApply Application Opens HSE Packets Open for Submission Registration Begins HSE Packet Submission Deadline
Spring 2024 September 11, 2023 October 3, 2023 November 9, 2023 2 weeks prior to first day of class: December 15, 2023 by 5PM for classes starting January 8-21, 2024; February 26, 2024 by 5PM for classes starting in March 2024
Summer 2024 September 11, 2023 March 13, 2024 April 26, 2024 2 weeks prior to the first day of class: SUMMER 2024: 1.) Classes starting May 20 (4 and 6 week) deadline is May 6, 2024; 2.) Classes starting June 3 (8 week) deadline is May 20, 2024; 3.) Classes starting June 17 (6 week) deadline is June 3, 2024
Fall 2024 March 1, 2024 March 13, 2024 May 7, 2024 2 weeks prior to the first day of class: FALL 2024: Classes starting August 12-25, 2024 deadline is July 29; for classes starting in March 2024 deadline is September 30, 2024

Students interested in participating in the High School Enrichment Program (HSE) must attend high school in the State Center Community College District service area and meet the following eligibility requirements*

  • Completed the 9th grade or equivalent prior to the beginning of the semester/term the student plans to attend. Students just completing 9th grade will not be approved until they provide a transcript (unofficial) for proof of final grades for 9th grade coursework.
  • Have a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA for 11th-12th grade students or 3.0 GPA for 10th grade students. In the spring semester, students must provide a second transcript (unofficial) to show proof of next grade-level GPA eligibility. 
  • Have not received a “D”, “F”, “Incomplete”, or “NP” grade in any former State Center Community College District (SCCCD) enrichment or dual enrollment course.

*Students who do not meet the above eligibility requirements must include letters of recommendation from their high school counselor, high school principal, and parent/guardian with their packet (see HSE Enrichment packet for more information). All students asking for an exception to the eligibility requirements will be reviewed by the Vice President of Instruction.

DEADLINE FOR SUBMITTING ENROLLMENT REQUEST: Complete registration packets for all courses must be submitted at least two weeks prior to the beginning of your desired course(s).  Applications will be evaluated for eligibility by a college counselor before being sent to Admissions and Records for registration.


Complete the FCC admission application. Use this step-by-step guide for completing the FCC admission application to assist you with each page of the application.

  1. First create an OpenCCC account 
    1. If you have not submitted an online application in the last year, complete the online admission application for the first semester you plan to attend
  2. Log into your OpenCCC account, click "Start A New Application" to apply to Fresno City College
    1. You must select “High School Enrichment/Dual Enrollment” under the “Term Applying For” in the application 
    2. If you have any issues completing/submitting the application, you can contact the SCCCD helpdesk at 1.844.887.2223.

Within 24-48 hours, you should receive an "Admission Acknowledgement" email from SCCCD Admissions & Records with your SCCCD ID#. If you have not received an email after 48 hours, check your spam/junk folder. If it is not in the spam/junk folder, call the Fresno City College Admissions & Records Office at 559.443.8604 for assistance.

Once you receive your "Admissions Acknowledgement" email with your SCCCD ID#, you should login to My Portal. Here you can access your Student Email, Canvas, Self-Service, and other useful tools. The My Portal Video Tutorial will give you step-by-step instructions on how to access My Portal.

  • Username: Your seven-digit SCCCD ID number
  • Initial password: First name initial (upper case) + last name initial (lower case) + date of birth (MMDDYY) Example: Sam Ram born August 7, 2004, password would be Sr080704
  • IMPORTANT: Change your password within 45 days from your initial login to avoid being locked out of My Portal. 
  • Update your "Communication Preferences" in My Portal so that you will be able to change your password on your own.
  • Activate your student email in My Portal by opening the Student Email app and following the directions to activate your student email
  • Check your email daily because it is the primary way the college and the HSE office will communicate with you

For login assistance call the Student Systems Support call center at 559.499.6070 or visit the Technology Help webpage for additional information.

Once you receive your SCCCD ID number, you can…

Complete the High School Enrichment Packet

  1. The packet includes fillable fields (make sure to open the packet in Adobe, not your internet browser).
  2. Choose your classes:
    1. Use the resources listed here and work with your high school counselor to select the best courses to take for your goals. This webpage has a list of suggested classes in the "Frequently Asked Questions" section below, and the Fresno City College Counseling website has links to the nontransfer GE pattern, CSU GE pattern, the UC GE pattern (IGETC), major sheets, and certificate sheets.  To see which classes are available, check the current class schedule
      1. Choose up to 11 units (maximum units for HSE students) of coursework
      2. Choose ALL alternate sections of the course you would be willing to take in case first choice is full. Example: Comm 1 – 12345, 23456, 34567, or 45678
      3. Important: Engl 1A and most Math sections offer sections with support classes and without support classes. HSE students are not allowed to take English or Math with support, so please pay close attention to this information in Self-Service when selecting sections you would like registered into (To find, look at class section notes in the far right column in Self-Service)
      4. Helpful Hint: When choosing sections you would like registered into, we highly recommend you select sections with at least 50% seat availability at the time you submit your HSE application packet to maximize the chance of getting a seat at Open Registration.
  3. Have the packet signed - signatures are required from you the student, your parent/guardian, high school counselor, and high school principal. 
    1. If you are unable to access the date-stamped, authenticated digital signature option, a scanned copy of the application with wet signatures is acceptable.
  4. Attach a current copy of your unofficial high school transcript
  5. If home-schooled - attach the most recent, up-to-date CA Department of Education Affidavit for the school
  6. Save the completed packet as one pdf document

IMPORTANT: We are no longer accepting HSE packets through email. Only packets uploaded above will be processed.

 For questions regarding the application packet, please call 559-442-8252.


Submit your HSE Enrollment Packet by clicking the appropriate link:

  1. Submit Spring 2024 HSE Enrollment Packet - for classes that begin week of January 8, 2023 or later - here
  2. COMING SOON: Submit Spring 2024 HSE Enrollment Packet for short-term classes here (classes that begin March 2024) 
  3. COMING SOON: Submit Summer 2024 HSE Enrollment Packet for 4 and 6 week classes that start May 20, 2024 HERE
  4. COMING SOON: Submit Summer 2024 HSE Enrollment Packet for 8 week classes that start June 3, 2024 HERE
  5. COMING SOON: Submit Summer 2024 HSE Enrollment Packet for 6 week classes that start June 17, 2024 HERE
  6. COMING SOON: Submit Fall 2024 HSE Enrollment Packet for classes that start August 12, 2024 or later HERE
  7. COMING SOON: Submit Fall 2024 HSE Enrollment Packet for short-term classes that start October 2024 HERE


  • Only one form can be submitted per semester per student
  • No edits or changes can be made after submission so please check for accuracy and make sure you have included all sections you want to be considered for before submitting
  • Packets should only be uploaded by the student and not parents, guardians, or counselors
  • A single, clear, PDF document upload is required. We cannot process pictures of the application, multiple pages of uncombined files, or applications that are not legible
  • Once you have submitted your packet we will only communicate with you through your SCCCD email

IMPORTANT: We no longer accepting HSE packets through email. Only packets uploaded above will be processed.

 For questions regarding the application packet, please call 559-442-8252.

After you have submitted your HSE Packet

  1. A college counselor will review the application
  2. If approved, the Office of Early College will forward your application to the Admissions & Records office for registration.

Important things to know/do after submitting your HSE Packet:

  • You will be emailed ONLY IF your registration is denied, your application is incomplete, or if all course sections you indicated are full, (check your SCCCD email regularly) 
  • You will NOT be emailed if you are registered for your course(s) (see "Changing/Adding/Dropping a Course" below).
    • It is your responsibility to check your student schedule (see “Are You Enrolled?” below).
  • If you are enrolled OR waitlisted, it is your responsibility to monitor your Self-Service account and SCCCD email for registration updates (see “Are You Enrolled?” below)
  • HSE students cannot register or drop courses online through Self-Service (see "Changing/Adding/Dropping a Course" below)
  • CRITICAL that you check your SCCCD email regularly for any updates from the Early College Office of High School Enrichment or your instructors
  • It is the Office of Early College policy to reply only to students via your SCCCD email address once your application packet is submitted

Denial Appeal: If you do not meet the eligibility requirements AND you have submitted the additional documentation (see Eligibility Requirements above under Step 1), the application will be forwarded to the Vice President of Instruction for review.


  • Go to SCCCD Self-Service  located in MY PORTAL.  
  • From the far-left side of the screen, choose ACADEMICS (graduation cap emoji)
  • Click on "Register for Classes/View My Schedule" to view your schedule which includes course(s) you are both registered and waitlisted into (remember the HSE office will register you)


  • If you are waitlisted and no longer want to take the course, you do not need to do anything; you will be dropped from the waitlist shortly after the course begins.
  • Review How to Manage Your Waitlisted Courses including "How do I manage my waitlist?" to understand the FCC Admission and Records (A&R) Office waitlist process. You are responsible to check your college email regularly for waitlisted class notifications. 
  • If you receive a notification granting permission to register, please forward as soon as possible the email to hse.enroll@fresnocitycollege.edu and CC the email to registration@fresnocitycollege.edu so we may register you into the class.


Once you have been registered into your class, you are considered a Fresno City College student. As such, you will have access to most student services offered at the college. Listed below are a variety of student support services that will help you to successfully complete your college class(es).



Fresno City College has several tutoring options to help with a variety of subjects, in campus and online. With weekend, evening, and online options available, help is just a step or click away. Students can schedule an appointment to meet with a tutor in person or online, attend a group tutoring session, walk-in for tutoring during open tutoring hours, access 24/7 online tutoring from home, and more! 


The Virtual Hub for Students (VHS) is a digital resource help with Canvas, tech support, digital tools, online tutoring, and other resources to help with online classes. 


The library is a great place to study, do research for an assignment, get help from a librarian researching a project or paper, chat with a librarian 24/7, check out a graphing calculator, laptop, or hotspot, and more! Visit the Library's webpage for more information.


The mission of Disabled Student Programs & Services (DSP&S) is to create an accessible, inclusive campus environment using holistic, comprehensive, strategic services to empower students with disabilities and provide them access to pursue their academic, personal, and vocational goals.

The biggest difference between high school and college is that in college the student must initiate the process to receive accommodations. The DSP&S Transition to College webpage offers more information on the differences between access in high school and college, the steps a student needs to take to initiate the process, the documentation needed, and other helpful information to make this transition seamless.

Examples of accommodations students can receive include, but are not limited to:

  • Note taking assistance
  • Sign language interpreters
  • Testing accommodations
  • Alternative media
  • Adaptive computer equipment and software
  • And more!


Ram Pantry is a free food assistance program for college students currently enrolled at Fresno City College. The Ram Pantry believes that food insecurity and hunger should not be a barrier to success for students. The goal is to increase the graduation and course completion rate of our students. 


The FCC Bookstore is where you will find the textbooks and supplies you need to purchase for your class. You can visit the bookstore in person or online. You will want to make sure you know the subject, course number, and section number(s) of the class(es) you are registered in to find your textbook information. For example, Engl-1A-12345, "Engl" is the subject, "1A" is the course number, and "12345" is the section number. 

Remember: HSE students are financially responsible for ALL textbook(s) and other course-related fees.


HSE students can access the Career and Employment Center, which offers services similar to those that may be available at their high schools: workshops associated with the job search process, career interest inventories and career fairs. The Center is open Monday through Friday, 8am–5pm, and students are encouraged to call ahead to confirm.


HSE students have access to computer labs at their high school, at the Fresno County Public Library, and at Fresno City College. FCC has computer labs open on a variety of days and times. Located inside the Learning Resource Center and Library, the computer labs provide access to a wide range of software applications in support of students' academic goals.


A parking or daily permit will be required to park on campus.Students can purchase semester permits online. A Parking Permit will be required for the Fall 2023 semester and beyond at all SCCCD Campuses.


Upward Bound is a program aimed at encouraging low-income and first-generation students to pursue college. Many HSE students would qualify for this supportive program.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Can I take an online class if I'm not from the Fresno area?

Currently, High School Enrichment classes are only available to students who attend school/reside in the State Center Community College District service area. If you are unsure whether you fall in this area, please give us a call at 559.442.8252 for clarification.

Am I required to complete the online orientation?

No. High School Enrichment students do not need to complete the online orientation. If you complete the online orientation, it will not count towards the orientation required of all high school graduates who are enrolling at FCC as a regular student.

I am a high school senior and already applied to the college with my high school. Do I need to fill out another application?

Yes, the High School Enrichment application is different than the application seniors fill out for regular admission after graduation. If you want to take classes during your senior year as well as classes after you graduate high school, you will need to fill out both online applications using the same CCCApply account. The regular application can be found at on the Graduating Seniors page.

Why do I get an error message on Self-Service when I try to register for a class?

High School Enrichment students cannot register themselves online, which includes adding or dropping a class. Once you submit your online application and your High School Enrichment Packet, you will need to monitor your SCCCD email and student schedule in Self-Service to check registration/waitlist/denial status. If you need to add or drop a class, follow the instructions in the section below.

Choosing which classes to take can be intimidating for students, and your high school counselor is a great resource.  Many HSE students begin with COUN 53, College and Life Management, as an introduction to developing necessary tools for future success.  Students can also refer to the Ram Pathways resources to help identify general paths of study they wish to explore.    

Early College students can use majors sheets for exploration or working towards a degree. Working on completing general education for UCs and CSUs is also a great place to start. Below is a list of common courses students have taken to fulfill GE requirements (consult the college catalog for course descriptions; * indicates a prerequisite is needed):

  • ART 2, Art Appreciation
  • ASL 1, Beginning American Sign Language
  • ASL 2, High-Beginning American Sign Language
  • BIO 3, Introduction to Life Science
  • BIO 14 , Conservation Biology
  • CHDEV 30, Child, Family, and Community
  • CHDEV 38, Lifespan Development
  • CHDEV 39, Child Growth and Development
  • CLS 11, Introduction to Chicano-Latino Studies
  • CLS 12A, Mexican American History
  • CLS 30, Migration and the Family
  • COMM 1, Introduction to Public Speaking
  • COMM 2, Interpersonal Communication
  • COMM 8, Group Communication
  • CRIM 1, Introduction to Criminology
  • CRIM 5, Community Relations
  • DS 21, Finite Mathematics
  • ECON 40, Introduction to Microeconomics
  • ECON 50, Introduction to Macroeconomics
  • EDUC 10, Introduction to Teaching
  • ENGR 10, Introduction to Engineering
  • ENG 1A, Reading and Composition
  • ENGL 1B*, Introduction to the Study of Literature
  • ETHNST 10, Introduction to Ethnic Studies
  • FILM 1, Introduction to Film Studies
  • HLTH 1, Contemporary Health Issues
  • HIST 11, History of the US to 1877
  • HIST 12, History of the US Since 1877
  • HIST 23, World History Since 1500
  • MATH 3A, College Algebra
  • MATH 4A, Trigonometry
  • MUS 12, Music Appreciation
  • MUS 17, History of Rock
  • PHIL 1A, Theories of Knowledge and Reality
  • PHIL 2*, Critical Reasoning and Analytic Writing
  • PHOTO 5, Introduction to Photography
  • POLSCI 2, American Government
  • PSY 2, General Psychology
  • SOC 1A, Introduction to Sociology
  • SPAN 1, Beginning Spanish
  • SPAN 2*, High-Beginning Spanish
  • SPAN 2NS, Preparatory Spanish for Native Speakers
  • SPAN 3*, Intermediate Spanish
  • SPAN 3NS*, Intermediate Spanish for Spanish Speakers

How do I add or drop a course?

High School Enrichment students are not allowed to add or drop a course online through Self-Service. If you want to add or a drop a course, you must contact the Office of Early College at hse.enroll@fresnocitycollege.edu or 559.442.8252 so we can add or drop the course for you.

What do I do if I want to take a different course than the one I put in my High School Enrichment packet?

If you end up wanting to take a different course than the original one you selected, you must submit a revised high school enrichment packet BEFORE the deadline for submission. A counselor will then review your revised HSE packet and transcripts again in order to make sure you eligible to take this new course. If the course is approved, the Office of Early College will forward your application to the Admissions & Records Office for registration. If the course is not approved, Early College staff will notify you by email as to why it was not approved.

What happens if I forget to drop a course or just stop attending the course?

Failing to notify the Early College office you want to drop a course may result in you receiving a “W” or “F” letter grade on your college transcripts and becoming ineligible to participate in the High School Enrichment program. It is your responsibility to notify the Early College office if you decide to not take a course after you were successfully registered for a course. Credit courses WILL remain on the your permanent college record. All coursework taken will appear on the your SCCCD transcript and may affect their financial aid or academic status at any SCCCD college if enrolled after high school. Visit the Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy webpage or Academic or Progress Probation webpage for financial aid and probation policies.

What are waitlists?

A waitlist is a list that students can join and wait for seats to open in a course. If a student in the course drops, a seat opens up and the first person on the waitlist is notified through college email with the option to add the class.

HSE students must forward the email to hse.enroll@fresnocitycollege.edu to inform the Early College office to register the you into your waitlisted course. Note: The email is time sensitive from Admission and Records, so the student must act quickly.  Being on the waitlist does not guarantee you a seat in the course. However, it does give you an advantage.

Waitlists will be active from the first day of registration through the Thursday prior to the start of the term. For short-term courses, the waitlist will close 7 days prior to the start of the course.

How do I register into a class from a waitlist?

Once your seat becomes available in your waitlisted course:

  1. You will receive an email notification stating that you have “Permission to Register”. The email notification will only be sent to your college email account.
  2. Then, you have four calendar days from the date on the email (this includes weekends) to contact our office to enroll you in the course.
  3. Remember, HSE students cannot register themselves. If you do not contact the Early College Office to enroll you in the course during the four day “Permission to Register” period, you will be automatically removed from the waitlist and the next student on the list will be notified.

If you receive a “Permission to Register” email notification, contact our office at hse.enroll@fresnocitycollege.edu or 559.442.8252 so we can process your registration as soon as possible.

What if I forget to check my email?

It is your responsibility to check your college email daily while in the registration process and throughout the semester. The time allowed for enrollment can not be extended. Our office is not open on Saturday or Sunday, but your “Permission to Register” will expire on the weekend if the email notification was sent to you on a Wednesday or Thursday. You should check your college email and Self-Service daily to allow yourself the maximum amount of time to enroll.

What if I’ve waitlisted an online course?

If you do not receive a “Permission to Register” email notification before the online course begins, you will need to email the instructor on the first day of the semester to ask if there is room in the class for you to enroll. If there is, the instructor will grant you permission to enroll in the course. Once you are granted permission to register from the instructor, contact the Early College office at hse.enroll@fresnocitycollege.edu or 559.442.8252 so we can process your registration.

What if I’m still on the waitlist when the semester starts?

If you are on a waitlist when the semester begins, you must attend the first class meeting and/or email the instructor to see if there is space available to add the course. If you do not attend or email the instructor the first day of class, you may lose your place on the waitlist and another student may be added instead. If there is space in the course, the instructor will grant you permission to enroll in the course. Once you receive permission to enroll, forward the instructor’s permission email to the Early College office at hse.enroll@fresnocitycollege.edu or 559.442.8252 so we can register you in the course.

Handbooks for High School Enrichment Students, Parents, and Counselors/Staff

High School Enrichment Handbook for Students and Parents

boy studying

Learn more about the high school enrichment program, considerations for students who enroll, choosing appropriate classes, and student resources available to support student success in college classes.

Student Handbook

Student Application Process and Relevant Policies

students in library

Learn here about how the high school enrichment application and registration process works and how key policies for Fresno City College impact high school enrichment students.

Application Process and Relevant Policies

High School Counselor Resources

Old Administration Building

Learn about the resources available to support high school students enrolling through Fresno City College's High School Enrichment program.

High School Counselor Resources