Students interested in participating in the High School Enrichment Program must attend high school in the State Center Community College District service area and meet the following eligibility requirements*
- Completed the 9th grade or equivalent prior to the beginning of the semester or term the student plans to participate in the program. Students just completing 9th grade will not be approved until they provide proof of final grades for 9th grade coursework.
- Have a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA for 11-12th grade students, 3.0 GPA for 10th grade students.
- Have not received a “D”, “F”, “Incomplete”, or “NP” grade in any former State Center Community College District (SCCCD) enrichment or dual enrollment course.
*Students who do not meet the above eligibility requirements must include letters of recommendation from their high school counselor and principal as well as a letter from parent/guardian with their packet. All students asking for an exception to the eligibility requirements will be reviewed by the Vice President of Instruction.
PLEASE NOTE: Online Applications and High School Enrichment Packets can be submitted as early as April 15th and must be submitted at least two weeks prior to the beginning of your desired course(s). Registration for SU21 begins April 30th and FA21 begins May 11th. Completed packets should be submitted as soon as possible for best class selection.
- You will first create an OpenCCC account to begin an application.
- If you have not submitted an online application in the last two years, complete the online admission application for the first semester the student plans to attend.
- While logged into your OpenCCC account, click Start A New Application to apply to Fresno City College.
- You must select “Enrichment/Dual Enrollment” under the “Term Applying For” in the application.
- If you have any issues completing/submitting the application, you can contact our helpdesk at 1.844.887.2223.
An instructional video is available with step-by-step directions on filling out the online application.
Within 24-48 hours after you have applied online, you should receive an Admission Acknowledgement email from SCCCD Admissions & Records with your Student ID#. If you have not received an email after 48 hours, check your spam/junk folder. If it is not in the spam/junk folder, call the Fresno City College Admissions & Records Office at 559.443.8604 for assistance.
Complete the High School Enrichment Packet (make sure to open the packet in Adobe, not your internet browser)
- Once you receive your college ID number, you can work with your high school counselor to select the courses you wish to take and complete the HSE packet. To see which classes are available, check the current class schedules. The packet includes fillable forms and digital signatures (make sure to open the packet in Adobe, not your internet browser). If you are unable to access the digital signature option, a scanned copy of the application with physical signatures is acceptable.
- NOTE: The HSE packet requires signatures from your parents, high school counselor, high school principal, and an attached current copy of your high school transcript.
- Email your completed HSE packet to email@example.com. All packets must be accompanied by a current high school transcript (unofficial).
For questions regarding the application packet, please call 559.442.8225.
After you have submitted the online application and HSE packet, a counselor will review your application. If your application is approved, College Relations will forward your application to the Admissions & Records Office for registration. If your application is not approved, College Relations staff will notify you by phone or email as to why it was not approved.
If you do not meet the eligibility requirements and you have submitted the additional documentation (see eligibility requirements above), the application will be forwarded to the Vice President of Instruction for review.
HSE students cannot register or drop courses online through WebAdvisor. College Relations will notify you by phone or email if/when you are registered for your course(s).