This 268-hour program will prepare you for licensing as a pharmacy technician through the California State Board of Pharmacy. The program includes 148 hours of classroom instruction and 120 hours of clinical experience. You will prepare for an entry-level position as a pharmacy technician in a hospital or retail pharmacy.
- Pharmacy math and calculations
- Pharmacology and pharmacy law
- Medication distribution and control measures
- Sources and bodily effects of drugs, common uses, and interactions
- Brand Name vs. generic drugs
- Retail and hospital inpatient pharmacy procedures
- Attend the mandatory orientation
- Pre-requisite of Algebra 1 required for math clearance.
- The state of California requires criminal record clearance through fingerprinting when applying for licensure as a pharmacy technician
- A high school diploma or GED is also required for licensure by the State
- This is a fee-based program that is not for college credit
- For student loans, visit the SallieMae website
Date: July 5, 2023 - 6:00pm
Location: Online through Zoom
Instructor: R. Boyd
Dates: Monday/Wednesday, July 31 - December 13, 2023, 6:00-10:00 pm
Instructor: N. Schirmacher
Cancellations received up to five (5) working days before the course start date are refundable, minus a $25 processing fee. After that, cancellations are subject to the entire course fee. Please note that if you don't cancel and don't attend, you are responsible for payment.