This 268-hour program will prepare you for licensing as a pharmacy technician through the California State Board of Pharmacy. The program includes 148 hours of classroom instruction and 120 hours of clinical experience. You will prepare for an entry-level position as a pharmacy technician in a hospital or retail pharmacy.
- Pharmacy math and calculations
- Pharmacology and pharmacy law
- Medication distribution and control measures
- Sources and bodily effects of drugs, common uses, and interactions
- Brand Name vs. generic drugs
- Retail and hospital inpatient pharmacy procedures
- Attend the mandatory orientation (no registration required)
- Take the math assessment at orientation (Covers fractions, decimals, ratios, and percentages. Simple calculators can be used - no phones. As score of 70% or higher is required to enter the program. Bring a #2 pencil.)
- The state of California requires criminal record clearance through fingerprinting when applying for licensure as a pharmacy technician
- A high school diploma or GED is also required for licensure by the State
- This is a fee-based program that is not for college credit
- For career training student loans, visit the SallieMae website
To register or for questions: 559.324.6461 or 1.800.934.3339
|Orientation - Wed, Jul 11, 2018
||FCC Health Sciences, Room 150
||6:00pm - 8:00pm
|Mon/Wed, Aug 6 - Dec 17, 2018
||FCC Health Sciences, Room 270
||6:00pm - 10:00pm
Cancellations received up to five (5) working days before the course start date are refundable, minus a $25 processing fee. After that, cancellations are subject to the entire course fee. Please note that if you don't cancel and don't attend, you are responsible for payment.
Pharmacy Technician Flyer coming soon.