The following password standard is required to help prevent unauthorized access to student/staff/faculty information when accessing network resources.
*Note: This policy is for Active Directory authorization, including email and access to network folders. Other systems such as Backboard, WebAdvisor and Datatel/Ellucian have different password standards
- Be a minimum of 8 characters in length.
- Be changed every 180 days.
- Must not contain your first name or last name.
- Never be shared with anyone.
- Contain characters from at least three of the following four categories:
- Uppercase characters (A through Z)
- Lowercase characters (a through z)
- Number (0 through 9)
- Special characters (for example, !, $, #, %)
- Be changed immediately if compromised.
- Not be posted on a sticky note, under keyboard, on the front of the monitor, etc.
- Not contain significant portions of the user's account name, department name, college name.
- Not contain personal identification such as SSN, employee ID, birth date, anniversary, kid's or pet's names.
- Not be saved automatically on the computer. Some login dialog boxes present an option to save or remember a password.
Please remember to lock your system with Ctrl+Alt+Delete or Windows key+L when away from the PC, even for a couple of minutes.
*Adapted from the Napa Valley College Password Policy
Fresno City College Manual of Graphic Standards is intended as a guide for visual publications. Print and web media has a powerful impact on the FCC’s image and professional success. As creative authors, you play a critical role in shaping FCC’s future.
The manual was created for the purpose of defining specific details of the Fresno City College "brand" such as the college logo, colors, fonts, photography and best practices.