The California Early Childhood Mentor Program is a statewide effort to improve the quality of child care. It provides training and support for early childhood professionals so that they, in turn, will be able to continue providing high-quality services.
Activities supported by the Mentor Program:
For Early Childhood Teachers
- Courses in mentoring/adult supervision
- Stipends for the mentoring of early childhood students
- Ongoing professional development, including monthly seminars, stipends for in-service training, statewide institutes
- Two-day institutes on mentoring
- Local seminars and professional development
- Stipends for the mentoring of other directors
How to I apply to become a Mentor?
Contact the Mentor Program Coordinator at Fresno City College
Mary Beth Miller 559-442-4600 x 8334 email@example.com
For more information about the qualifications of Mentor Teachers please go to the CECMP website www.ecementor.org