Student Resources

New resources are being added daily. Please check back often for updates.

Accessible Parking

SCCCD Police Department governs the operation and parking of vehicles upon all District property pursuant to Section 21113 of the Vehicle Code of the State of California.  Such regulations have the full force of law and violators are punishable in accordance with the provisions of the Vehicle Code.

Those students wishing to park in the campus handicapped parking stalls must meet the Disabled Person Parking Placard or License Plates requirements established by section 295.5 (disabled person), and section 295.7 (disabled veteran) of the Vehicle Code of the State of California.  For additional information see the Policy Governing Operations of Motor Vehicles on College Campus, which is available from a link on the SCCCD Web Page.

The Application for Disabled Person Placard or Plates DMV (form REG 195), and/or the Application for Disabled Veteran Certification (form REG 256A) is available on the State of California - DMV webpage.

Campus Offices

A wide variety of assistance is available at FCC.  The following list is not all-inclusive.  If you do not see the department that you are looking for, please contact the DSPS office or your counselor for assistance.

Contact the Admissions and Records office for information regarding transcript requests, updating of student records, student petitions, enrollment verifications, graduation evaluations, as well as issuing and replacing diplomas and certificates.

Contact the Business Office for assistance with billing, payments, registration holds, fee payments for tuition, refunds, and purchasing your Associated Student Body card.

There are several types of financial aid, including grants and scholarships, work-study, and loans.  Please contact the Financial Aid office for details.

The Health Services Office provides confidential health counseling, health education, screening tests, emergency first-aid, assistance in obtaining medical care, and TB clearances.  Services are provided by public health nurses and are funded by student health fees.

Community Resources

There are many resources available in the community to help support students with disabilities.  The following list is not all-inclusive; contact your DSPS counselor if you need a referral not listed here.

CTAP provides free specialized telephone equipment and services to qualified Californians who may have difficulty using a standard telephone. For additional information contact:

Skippy Sumner
CTAP Outreach Specialist (Central California)
7525 N. Cedar Ave.
Fresno, CA  93720

Office: 559.478.2755
TTY: 559.449.1758
california phones . org/

CTAP also offers free Smart Phone training.  For additional information, please contact 1.866.271.1540 or email

Central Valley Regional Center (CVRC) is a private, nonprofit corporation contracted by the state of California to provide services to persons with developmental disabilities.  To learn more, contact 559.276.4300

DHHSC provides seven core services as mandated by the California Department of Social Services:  Advocacy, Independent Living Skills Instruction, Job Development and Placement, Counseling, Information and Referral, Communication Assistance, and Community Education

Fresno County of Behavioral Health is dedicated to providing quality, culturally responsive, behavioral health services to promote wellness, recovery and resiliency for individuals and families living in Fresno County.

  • If you have a Behavioral Health emergency please call 9-1-1
  • Central Valley Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1.800.273.8255
  • National Crisis Line - 800.273.8255
  • Central Valley Crisis Line - 888.506.5991
  • Text HOME to the Crisis Text Line at 741741

Department of Rehabilitation (DOR) provides support for individuals with disabilities so they can reach employment goals, including access

The Family Resource Center, an affiliation to the Department of Social Services, publishes a Directory of Some Community Services, a free guide of general resources available in Fresno County.

The Social Security and Supplemental Security Income disability programs provide assistance to people with disabilities.  Apply for Disability Benefits Online

As a hub for independent living services and disability resources, RICV provides a foundation of core consumer-controlled, community-based, cross-disability, and person-focused programs and assistance. Our programs and services offer expanded choices, opportunities and options—empowering persons with disabilities to live independently and be in control of their lives.


If the form that you are looking for is not listed here, please contact the DSPS office at 559.442.8237 or

The Incident Reporting form can be used to report the following:
  • Concerning Behavior (student only)
  • Threatening/Disruptive Behavior (student only)
  • General Misconduct (student)
  • Title lX (Sexual Misconduct) - Student/Student
  • Title lX (Sexual Misconduct) - Student/Third Party
  • Title lX (Sexual Misconduct) - Student/Employee

Promoting Student Success

It is our goal to provide you with all of the available resources to ensure your academic and/or vocational success.  The following list is not all-inclusive; ask your DSPS counselor if you need a referral not listed here.

FCC provides information regarding a number of Basic Needs Resources, including food, housing, finances, technology, and access to wellness and mental health services.


Up-to-date Bookstore hours, links to Textbook List information, and online ordering can be found on the FCC Bookstore webpage.

Whether it's research assistance, textbooks on reserve, or technology loans, an FCC librarian is ready to help.  Visit the FCC Library webpage for more information.

A wide variety of special programs is available to students.  If you are interested in learning more, check out Programs to Help You Succeed and Student Success Programs

Students may seek assistance from Psychological Services for a variety of reasons.  Following are some common student concerns: adjustment to college, anxiety, depression, relationship and family issues, personal growth and exploration, grief and loss, stress and anger management, and questions regarding sexual orientation or gender identity.

The Ram Pantry is a free food assistance program for college students currently enrolled at Fresno City College.  The Ram Pantry staff believes that food insecurity and hunger should not be a barrier to success for students.  The goal is to increase the graduation and course completion rate of our students.


FCC has grouped majors into five pathways.  Pathways allow you first to determine an overall field of study, and then focus on a program or major to earn a certificate, associate degree, and/or prepare for transfer to a university.

DSPS Ram Pathway Counselors:

Arts, Communication & LanguagePatrick Tackett

BusinessRyan Blodgett

Culture, Education, and SocietyLeslie Silva

Health & StemSaul Fernandez and Sage Talbot

Tech & Trades: Jesse Llanos and Tiffany Myers

Undecided major?  Visit the FCC Career and Employment Center for information about online career assessments and career information.

Starfish provides comprehensive tools that will help you connect with Fresno City College resources.  It gives faculty a way to communicate your progress throughout the semester to ensure the right people are able to intervene when needed.  

In addition, you can schedule an appointment to meet with your DSPS counselor via Starfish:

How to Schedule a Starfish Appointment

The Office of Student Activities offers students the opportunity to participate in student government, student clubs and organizations, campus activities, and social and cultural events.  Participation in campus life has been shown to have a positive impact on student success and leadership development.

The FCC Tutorial Center provides a number of Tutoring Support Options, both in-person and online.  For information regarding tutoring specific to your course, check Canvas. 

Service Animals

According to the American with Disabilities Act (ADA) a "service animal" is a dog or miniature horse that has been individually training to do work or perform tasks including guiding people who are blind, alerting people who are deaf, pulling a wheelchair, alerting or protecting a person who is having a seizure, reminding a person with mental illness to take prescribed medications, calming s person with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) during an anxiety attack, or performing other duties.

Service animals are working animals, not pets.  The work or task a dog has been trained to provide must be directly related to the person's disability. Dogs whose sole function is to provide comfort or emotional support do not qualify as service animals under the ADA.  Reasonable behavior is expected from the animals while on campus.  If your dog exhibits unacceptable behavior, you are expected to immediately employ the proper training techniques to correct the situation.

Technology Resources

AIM LogoAIM is a fully online system that will allow you to request your academic adjustments and auxiliary aids.  The AIM app can be located in My Portal.

Canvas is a course management system that supports online learning and teaching.  It allows instructors to post grades, information, and assignments online.  If you are not already familiar with Canvas, the following are some resources to help you get started.

 Passport to Canvas is a quick start guide for students.

Canvas Community has user guides and videos for students.

Canvas Student Guides Table of Contents

Canvas Video Guides

Canvas Student Orientation Tour (YouTube)

Submitting an Assignment Using Canvas (YouTube)


Whether you are taking your first online class, or you have completed a few online courses in the past, you will find that a little preparation makes a big impact on your success.

Contact the FCC Library regarding loans of laptops, WiFi hotspots, and TI-84 graphing calculators.

Infobase (previously Hoonuit) has online training available 24/7.  Students have access to over 50,000 how-to tutorials on over 205 applications.  Training modules are available for Canvas, as well as common software, such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe, and many more.

If you need help with logging on to Canvas, WebAdvisor, or Email, Technology help is available.